Job Description – Business Analyst
Target Media Partners is a leading print and online publisher of local advertising in the United States. TMP’s brands are leaders in their local and niche markets and cover a broad range of categories (from automotive, to jobs, to general classifieds) in print and online.
Target Media Partners Interactive (TMPi), the online business unit of Target Media Partners, is seeking a Business Analyst with strong commitment to customer satisfaction and a good technical background. He/she will work on the Web Operations team that manages lead generation, display as well as other advertising programs for advertisers. This is a high-impact position, critical to the current revenue stream and growth of our business.
Job Title: Business Analyst
Reports to: Senior Manager, Web Operations
Job Location: Los Angeles, California
- Ability to analyze data, define metrics, build dashboards and measure program returns including campaign ROI, lead flow, conversion rates, cost/lead, sales funnel, etc.
- Fulfilling advertisers’ insertion orders and change orders
- Troubleshooting issues with data imports and escalating to engineering when appropriate
- Managing communications and setting expectations with field offices when resolving issues
- Assisting in email and phone lead processing
- Working with display and targeted local advertising on behalf of clients
- Working with customers and business partners to troubleshoot on an as needed basis
- Working with third party vendors with regard to data exports, lead generation, display campaigns and targeted local advertising
- Prepare statistical analysis, narratives, tables and charts to understand and provide management commentary to the senior executive team
- Understanding of/experience with online advertising and marketing/sales operations
- A good understanding of lead generation, display and local advertising
- Experience with XML data and lead formats a plus
- Previous experience with display and local advertising a plus
- Solid customer service skills, able to communicate with both marketers, sales representatives, customers, and technical staff
- Excellent judgment, logic and reasoning skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office especially Excel and Word
- Understanding of CRM systems and customer databases
- Previous experience working with web based forms and data entry
- Self-motivated, with ability to manage the day-to-day tasks along with problems as they arise
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with SQL
- Knowledge of email and phone lead generation
- Familiarity with databases
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively in writing and verbal formats
- High attention to reporting accuracy and ability to work within stringent deadlines. Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential problems
- Bachelor’s degree
If you think you can be an asset to our team, please send your resume to Stevens@targetmediapartners.com.